Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

TV star Carol Burnett's song about her love of John Foster Dulles
  • robert1robert1

In the Greg Burnham interview of 13 January, 2011 he mentioned John Foster Dulles.  It reminded me of a than new, young, TV star named Carol Burnett's solo song of her love of John Foster Dulles.  I believe it may have been on the Ed Sullivan Show but nevertheless, Miss Burnett used the entire stage to joke in a singing style of her maddening love for John Dulles.
  • zcopleyzcopley
    Wonder if we can find it on YouTube or something.
  • NutzyNutzy
    author said:

In the Greg Burnham interview of 13 January, 2011 he mentioned John Foster Dulles.  It reminded me of a than new, young, TV star named Carol Burnett's solo song of her love of John Foster Dulles.  I believe it may have been on the Ed Sullivan Show but nevertheless, Miss Burnett used the entire stage to joke in a singing style of her maddening love for John Dulles.

If this is the song that starts "I'm so glad we had this time together" and she pulls her earlobe somewhere near the end of the song, then that's for and about her grandmother. I wastched an interview with her many years ago about that
  • robert1robert1

Negative.

Nutsy, this solo spoof is of Carol Burnett's enduing and maddening love of John Foster Dulles.  Dulles name is mentioned many times.  This has nothing to do with her "secret signal" to her grandmother or anyone else.  Carol Burnett was probably 18 or 19 years old.  She used also all of the stage to proclaim her love of the dull, older brother of Allen.