Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged

COPA 10 Points of Agreement
  • heinrichheinrich
    Anybody else think this misfires?

I looked at it and thought -- wow, if they're planning on using this for a public relations campaign, forget it. These guys have been so long down the rabbit hole they have produced something that only makes sense from the perspective of researchers. It's dense and tedious reading.
  • heinrichheinrich
    I seem to recall a comment made on-air not long ago about the Warren Commission itself saying that Oswald wasn't the gunman....either a statement in the Report or in the separate volumes of evidence. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I recall clearly that the FBI position on the killing did not match the Warren Report. But that's not what I'm referring to.

Aren't there some sort of statements or conclusions to the effect that Oswald didn't or couldn't do it?
  • heinrichheinrich
    In answer to my own question, and as mentioned in the interview with McKnight, the Warren Commission didn't even agree with itself, (i.e. The First Dissenter).

Then the Warren Commission and the FBI didn't even agree as to conclusions.

Then the HSCA didn't agree with the Warren Commission.

I think the single most important point to make this year on the 50th is that the so-called official story doesn't even agree to itself -- that there isn't one official story. This is the easiest point for anybody to grasp, and it has nothing to do with the conspiracy to cover it all up or (even deeper) the conspiracy to fire the shots. The fact is that there is no single official version of what happened that day. All of the official story apologists are going to hide this fact.
  • heinrichheinrich
    I think an excellent episode of "50 Reasons for 50 Years" would start with the bit above -- that the Warren Commission didn't even agree with itself; the FBI didn't agree with it; and that the HSCA finally represented a *second* official version. Also along the way, quotes and anecdotes about how people like LBJ remarked they didn't believe in it, finishing up with the most recent 'revelations' from RFK, Jr., that his father didn't believe in it. 

I really think this is the single best entry into the assassination. It's simple and doesn't even involve the shadowy groups involved -- it's all public record (or in the case of anecdotal quotes, at least very plausible). And there is absolutely no answer for it on the part of Warren apologists: they have no comeback to the fact that the Warren Report's conclusions were not even shared by the whole government.

And as the thread title implies, I think the COPA points of agreement would do better to start with this angle as well.