Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged

Chomsky, the BBC, and Conspiracy Theory
  • heinrichheinrich
    If you are interested in Chomsky and conspiracy theories, see this link:

• LordBaltoLordBalto
    Interesting article. Of course, you could abbreviate it by simply saying, "The BBC are stooges and Chomsky is an idiot."

My reaction to this is that if this is all they have, a ridiculous
    example of psycho-babble worthy of George Orwell--that attempts to equate the seeking of the
    truth with an attack on democracy--then we must
    be awfully close to winning hands down in the court of public opinion.

Having apparently given up on any attempt to actually martial anything resembling facts or even evidence, we can expect their next move to involve accusing us all of witchcraft and consorting with the devil. And Chomsky is supposed to be an intellectual? I used to think that being an intellectual involved having a functioning intellect. Apparently now all one has to do is use a lot of big words.
  • I have friends who seem to believe Chomsky is omnscient.   I listen to him on many things but he ain't all-wise.   Despite solid evidence to the contrary, he continues to claim JFK was going deeper into Vietnam.  

I'd love to see a debate between Chomsky and James Douglass
  • I'd love to see a debate between Chomsky and Prof. Lance deHaven-Smith.

DeHaven-Smith's presentation at the 9/11 Hearings. These encompass the Kennedy assassinations, 9/11, Watergate, and many other SCADs (State Crimes Against Democracy).

• And now the Not-So-Independent takes a shot at confounding conspiracy theories with UFOs. These folks, who are totally incapable of actually researching a story, are truly disgusting.