Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Formerly TOP SECRET documents regarding the Bay of Pigs
  • As I promised Len on last week's show I am attempting to upload documentation that supports the conclusion that JFK did NOT, in fact, refuse to provide promised air support to Brigade 2506 during the "sabotaged" Bay of Pigs invasion. The ramifications of this conclusion are very significant to the entire legacy of the Kennedy Administration. Moreover, that the bulk of the facts exonerating Kennedy were withheld is not surprising given that the agenda to dirty his name has been long established. But even those sources of information, such as, historians and scholars, who should be above "agendas" have deliberately and insidiously distorted the record beyond recognition by continuing to spread the disinformation. Others remain silent even though the information sufficient to correct the record is now available.

None of this should be interpreted to discount the sacrifices made by those members of Brigade 2506 or their families who either perished or were captured by Castro's forces. But, it should serve to demonstrate that the presumed "motive" of the anti-Castro Cubans to participate in Kennedy's assassination is likely fiction. At the very least, it is my hope that clearing the record might allow any anti-Castro Cubans (or their family members) to let go of the hate they harbored for JFK (if they did) once they realize that he did NOT betray them after all.

Now, if I could only find the upload feature I would get started.

GO_SECURE

monk     
  • heinrichheinrich
    This is great to hear. If the documents are in PDF format, scribd.com is an easy way to upload them and distribute them.
  • "None of this should be interpreted to discount the sacrifices made by
    those members of Brigade 2506 or their families who either perished or
    were captured by Castro's forces."

Huh?

A CIA-backed attempt to overthrow a foreign government? Next you'll be worrying about the poor Al-Qaeda CIA-backed stooges in Syria.

Just a little history here, folks. Castro was originally not a Communist. He was the CIA's answer to Fulgencio Batista, who was not following orders from Washington closely enough. Then, when Castro marched into Havana--after receiving permission from the real Communists to march through their territory--he, in turn, failed to follow his puppet masters' orders closely enough, as a result of which Eisenhower cut off American aid to the island, thus driving Castro into the arms of the Soviets. So please, spare us the crocodile tears about the poor stooges.

As for Cubans participating in the Kennedy assassinations, do you seriously think that it mattered one whit to the CIA psycho-doodles who participated in the likely four-man hit team what it turns out 50 years later Kennedy had actually done vs. what he was perceived to have done at the time? Are you serious, man? Do you think these folks all had time machines? Get a grip, fellah!

This is the kind of nonsense that has kept us from actually solving this case for fifty years. Whereas in real research and other scientific endeavors knowledge is cumulative and additive, in JFK research every new "researcher" runs off in his own direction with no regard to what others have done.
  • Before you continue with your prejudice against "new researchers"--a group to which I can hardly claim membership--perhaps you should google me. (Just type: Greg Burnham JFK). I attended JFK's services with my family on November 25th, 1963 and I've been studying the subject nearly ever since. Moreover, I've been featured on the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, the Travel Channel, among others, and have been personally consulted--or my research referenced--in several books or documentaries on the subject. I've presented my research at several venues you might have heard about, such as: The November In Dallas Lancer Conference (2000), Murdering America (2001 Encinitas, CA) and the Coalition on Political Assassinations (2010 and 2013 Dallas, TX). I was a Founding Member and the Sgt-at-Arms (Chief Moderator) for 13 years of the JFKresearch Assassination Forum (1998 to 2011). I was the first guest (ever) on Black Op Radio (April 20, 2000), and have been the featured guest on nearly two dozen radio programs, including KFI Radio Los Angeles.

Moreover, most people do not appreciate how close JFK was to the anti-Castro Cubans from long before his election to the Presidency. You might benefit from reading and/or listening to some material from my old friend, the late Colonel L. Fletcher Prouty USAF, who was a witness to these facts and was the primary source for my Bay of Pigs research.

For anyone interested, here's a link to my NSAM 263 & NSAM 273 (Draft) COPA Presentation on YouTube or a paper on the same subject can be found here(263) and here(273).

You might want to do some research of your own before jumping to conclusions, fellah. After all, my work is easily found--but you hide behind anonymity.
  • Lord Balto, with all due respect you owe Greg Burnham an apology for assuming he is a new researcher.    I have heard him on Black Ops and I heard him speak at COPA in Dallas.  And his bona fides that he laid out are obvious.   In my book he's a valuable resource for information.   (I am not weighing in on the Bay of Pigs issue in this thread). 
  • Thank you for your many years of research and study of this great American tragedy, Greg.  Your efforts have been a tremendous benefit to our society, and the discovery of the truth surrounding the murder of the President of the United States.
    Hony soit qui mal e pense!
  • Many thanks, OpenEyes and Viperpit. I appreciate the kind words.

On another, but related, note: I am very concerned about the low number of young new researchers coming aboard to be handed the torch to continue the investigation. As we all know by now, JFK assassination research is not for the faint of heart. It would be a real shame if sincere, but uninitiated, new talent were scared off by bullies. There is nothing wrong with being a "new researcher" who seeks the truth. I encourage the participation of young historians--or any young student of history--to become active in this endeavor. After all, each of us who are now seasoned researchers were once young or new--or both young and new--when we began this journey long ago.
  • OpenEyes said:

Lord Balto, with all due respect you owe Greg Burnham an apology for assuming he is a new researcher.    I have heard him on Black Ops and I heard him speak at COPA in Dallas.  And his bona fides that he laid out are obvious.   In my book he's a valuable resource for information.   (I am not weighing in on the Bay of Pigs issue in this thread).

That's all you can find to complain about? You guys are as good at redirecting a discussion as are the lone nutters.

And no one is complaining about "new talent." What I am complaining about is that, unlike serious historical research, the "new talent" never seems to have digested what the old talent has learned, among which I would include the fact that none of these "poor" Cubans would have gotten on board if they had not expected the American military to back up their ridiculous "invasion." To shed crocodile tears over their "sacrifices" is just hilarious. What did they expect Castro to do, roll out the brass bands and welcome the return of the Mob and the rest of their Yanqui overlords?

• Lord Balto,

Would you mind directing me to your own primary research? That way I won't be guilty of misconstruing, misjudging, or simply missing your qualifications to intelligently engage me in serious debate on the subject.

Those whose first tool of argument includes ad hominem attacks reveal a lot about themselves. Those who fail to learn from their mistakes reveal even more.

"A wise man can act a fool, but a fool can never act wise."

BTW: Did I mention that I was the original Admin of this forum when Len and I first set it up?

Read the POLICY statement before you proceed. Attack ideas NOT people.

A word to the wise.

• I just wanted to add that for those that question what you've said about JFK not refusing air cover for the Bay of Pigs invasion. They should take note the fact that Col. Fletcher Prouty has said essentially the same thing. If I understand correctly he said air cover was never part of the plan.

Here is the link to Fletcher's interview on the matter:
    http://youtu.be/Qz56WytRlqo
  • Please stay tuned for the launch of my new website later this month. Hopefully it will be live by next week. There you will find the original source material for my Bay of Pigs presentation including the RAW files.

There will be a wealth of information on many JFK related topics. Please stand by.