Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Holy S**t - Tippit murder
  • heinrichheinrich
    Listening to the Dallas Action ep. 31 with Walt Brown.

According to Brown, the place where Tippit first stops his car was the final stop on the bus Oswald was to have gotten on. Meaning that Tippit was waiting for Oswald. When Oswald failed to appear, that was when Tippit went and made his mysterious phone call. Only a few minutes later, Tippit was dead.

One can imagine (finally) a motive for the Tippit murder other than as a way to implicate Oswald in a crime other than the assassination and get him in custody: Tippit gets promised a big arrest (assassin of the president), which if it happened, would be enough to keep Tippit's mouth sealed forever. After all, he'd be the Cop Who Caught the Assassin.

When Oswald fails to appear, Tippit's silence is no more guaranteed. Oswald will likely not be apprehended by Tippit, if at all. Therefore it became paramount to get rid of Tippit, who was just an idiot Texas cop not part of the real assassination. So they took him out immediately. 
  • http://22novembernetwork.wordpress.com/2014/11/15/the-murder-of-j-d-tippit-by-s-r-dusty-rohde/

Also from the Dallas Action website interesting timeline (2-parts) for Tippit and Oswald by Dusty Rohde.

Doug Campbell interviews Rohde in show #38. The 2 articles have more information and can be clearly followed.
  • heinrichheinrich
    Thanks for the link.  Good material, but I sorely wish Doug Campbell would figure out his recording set-up so we don't have to hear a cell phone held up to a microphone for interviews.
  • heinrich said:

Thanks for the link.  Good material, but I sorely wish Doug Campbell would figure out his recording set-up so we don't have to hear a cell phone held up to a microphone for interviews.

The funny thing is, Campbell is a professional musician. You'd think he'd have access to that sort of equipment.

It's also annoying that he talks over his intro music cranked up to full volume.
  • heinrichheinrich
    Har. That full volume intro music also gets to me. I skip it whenever I listen.
  • I actually like the music. I think it's his composition, but he didn't take credit when I asked about it. We were discussing Mae Brussel's mention of an N. K. (Norris Kenton) Fields who claimed to have information about Oswald in Mexico. Fields ran some sort of laboratory in Southern California (sound familiar?) and claimed to have been tortured in a California prison.

Doug Campbell has, at least temporarily, dropped out of the JFK research scene and ended his podcast. One could spin all sorts of theories, but it sounds like his music career has taken off recently, though one could speculate that someone greased the wheels, so to speak, to keep him busy. Rob Clark's Lone Gunman is still being produced, though I must admit I found his interview with Seamus Coogan rather disturbing. I'm having trouble understanding why DiEugenio associates with this guy. He starts to sound like Jim Fetzer after a while, with an added dose of profanity to boot.
  • LordBaltoLordBalto
    Just for the record, Doug Campbell is back. I'm still wondering about his stated intention to tell the audience what Castro had to say about the assassination. Campbell has even gone to the trouble of removing those episodes.