d'Estaing reporting Ford's comments on Warren Commission (2013 article)

A post on social media alerted me to a French article from 2013 reporting Giscard d'Estaing, former President of France, reporting comments from Gerald Ford about the Warren Commission that the Commission knew the crime was organised.

I'd heard that de Gaulle etc believed there'd been a conspiracy but never this.

A translation of a key section:

"Gerald Ford (president of the United States from 1974 to 1977, editor's note) was part of the Warren commission, continues Valéry Giscard d'Estaing. I drove with him once in the United States, he was president and I was president myself. I said to him, 'I'm asking you an indiscreet question: you were in the Warren commission, what conclusions did you come to?' He [Ford] said to me, 'It's not satisfactory. We came to a first conclusion: it was not an isolated crime, it was something organized. We were sure it was organized. But we could not find out by whom'.

"So there was an organization that we didn't bring to light that hated, hated or feared President Kennedy, and that decided to get rid of him. That's my belief," determined the former head of state. So we learn that two of the most powerful former presidents of their time support the conspiracy theory."

https://www.rtl.fr/actu/international/kennedy-le-reve-a-ete-assassine-avec-l-homme-dit-giscard-7767111282